With the warm Florida sunshine, humidity and breeze we find that we are a great place for allergens to lurk. Not only outside, but in our homes as well. Let’s take a look at a few of the top allergens in our area.
To say the least, this one is pretty much everywhere we turn, but the Florida breeze has a way of keeping things stirred up a bit. The best way to limit the amount of dust in the home is through A/C maintenance.
- Have duct work cleaned regularly
- Change A/C filters each month.
- Keep coil systems clean.
- Use an in home air purification system
Found on ground cover, food, moist walkways and anywhere else that moisture occurs, mold can be one of the most prevalent allergens found in the area. Not only is it an unwelcome guest, but is can also be extremely dangerous to people with certain medical conditions; and can even release certain spores into the air that can cause very serious health issues to the healthiest of people.
Let’s get this one under control quickly.
- Be sure that your home is safe from leaks that could allow water to seep into the walls allowing for hidden mold growth.
- Check landscaping around the home to ensure proper drainage, allowing ground cover to dry properly.
- Service A/C systems regularly to ensure proper drainage, and eliminate moisture buildup.
- Install an air purification systems to help remove spores from the air inside the home.
Ragweed pollen is a common allergen. A single plant may produce about a billion grains of pollen per season and the pollen is transported on the wind. It causes about half of all cases of pollen-associated allergies in Florida.
Based on the 2 allergens mentioned above and the suggestions mentioned, can you guess our suggestions for this one? If ragweed is transported through the air, then a key to minimizing this is to manage the air quality within the home.
As you can see, the maintenance of your AC unit is for more than just keeping it running; it’s to help support healthy in home air quality as well.
If you would like to discuss ways to control allergens and improve your in home air quality, give us a call today. Let us help you breathe easier.